Saratoga Springs Office
Senior Visual Analyst
Saratoga Associates, Landscape Architects, Architects, Engineers and Planners, P.C. is seeking a landscape architect, land use planner or environmental analyst with 10 or more years professional experience to join our growing visual impact assessment team.
Saratoga Associates is a recognized leader in the specialized disciplines of visual impact assessment and scenic resource management. Our work typically supports environmental assessment applications for large-scale land development projects, including grid-scale wind energy (onshore and offshore), solar energy, electric transmission, battery storage, and other energy infrastructure facilities consistent with the National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA), individual State regulatory requirements/guidelines, and municipal planning and zoning regulations.
Our Visual Assessment Services include Impact Assessment/Regulatory Compliance, Project Visualization (simulation + animation), Zone of Visual Influence (Viewshed) Mapping, Mitigation Strategies, Public Outreach, Land Use and Zoning Policy, Standards and Guidelines, and expert testimony.
This position is based in our Saratoga Springs, NY office, however we will consider remote work arrangements for highly qualified candidates.
Senior Visual Analyst responsibilities include:
- Lead, manage, and conduct standalone Visual Impact Assessments for various applications, including Federal, State and Local permit documents.
- Coordinate and lead production of stand-alone and legally defensible visual impact analyses, including resource inventories and viewshed analyses, to support permitting documents, presentations, and public outreach efforts.
- Work closely with in-house visualization and GIS experts in the preparation of photo simulations, viewshed analysis and other graphic communication documents.
- Travel to project locations to conduct field photography and visual resource inventories.
- Lead and/or coordinate Saratoga Associate’s landscape architects and designers in the preparation of visual impact mitigation reports and communication graphics.
- Serve as a Visual Impact Assessment subject matter expert in evidentiary hearings.
- Act as a Visual Impact Assessment Senior Consultant, explaining technical concepts in public forums.
Project Management/Business Development:
- Support proposal and cost development efforts.
- Assist in strategic pursuits, reviewing and responding to RF’Is, RFP’s, and RFQ’s.
- Contribute to business development and strategic growth initiatives aimed at expanding and diversifying Saratoga Associates’ visual impact assessment practice .
- Degree in landscape architecture, planning, environmental studies, or a closely related field.
- 10 years of demonstrated work experience in performing visual resource assessments following established industry standard methodologies.
- Strong technical writing abilities, organizational skills, and analytical inquisitiveness.
- Demonstrated experience defending and articulating methodology and conclusions.
- Competency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud desired.
- Strong business acumen with an aptitude for client satisfaction and team retention.
- Ability and interest in working as part of a team in a fast-paced consulting environment, with effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative approach to project responsibilities, including the ability to mentor and develop team members.
- Willingness and ability to travel periodically as project assignments may require.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record without restrictions.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Salary Range: $105,000 – $140,000 per year.
Saratoga Associates is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please refrain from phone calls or agency inquiries.